Local Police have recently commented on the
ideal standard of security at Storage Base Waihi.
- Resident supervisor and guardian, Tony. Lives on site in the 3 bedroom house/ office at the entrance. Trees have been cut to increase the view.
- Night lights. Illumination of the whole facility. Automatically switch on at night fall.
- Perimeter boundaries virtually impenetrable. If someone got in they would have great difficulty in taking anything out.
- Warning signs of video surveillance. Recorded and monitored. 24/7
- Personal individual unit padlocks. No keys held on site.
- Engineering plan is being developed to upgrade to a motorised gateway with key tab or monitored swipe card access.